Android devices have become the perfect technological companion, helping users with almost any task. Like all technical devices, the Android smartphone is not invincible and needs to charge regularly to continue working. However, not all Android devices charge at an incredible rate. Many devices take hours to reach acceptable battery percentages. If your device is one of them and the battery runs out of battery even after long charging times, here’s how to fix the slow charging problem on Android.
Are you charging your Android phone slowly? Six possible ways to fix this problem!
What Causes Slow Charging on Android Phones?
Recently, the computing power and datasheets of Android devices have disappeared from the charts. It’s incredible to think that a small object that fits in the palm of your hand can work with the same functionality as a powerful computer. Such a device must be charged over a more extended period to function correctly.
Other problems could include damaged hardware like the charger or phone battery, affecting the charging speed. Another very likely possibility is third-party applications that require significant performance to run. Regardless of the problem your device is facing. This guide will help you solve it.
Method 1: Repair the charging cable
You will be surprised that the charging speed of an Android device is most affected by the USB cable used. If your charging cable is old and damaged, buy a quick charge cable specifically designed for speed. Try to purchase genuine wires or cables from reputable brands as they will facilitate fast charging. The better the quality of the cable, the faster your device will charge.
Method 2: use a better adapter
While the cable is responsible for the speed of charging, the adapter helps regulate the power that flows through the cable. Some adapters have higher voltages so that an enormous load may pass through the wires. Purchasing such adapters can increase your charging speed. When purchasing, look for good quality ISI-certified adapters.
Method 3: change your device’s battery
Over time, the battery efficiency of your Android smartphone tends to decrease and become slower. If different cables and adapters do not affect the charging speed, replace the battery. There are a few symptoms that can help you determine if the battery is faulty. Your device may heat up quickly while charging, the battery drains much faster than before, and the battery may have swollen due to internal damage. If these symptoms are visible on your device, it is time to replace the battery.
Method 4: enable airplane mode
Your device’s network signal consumes a significant amount of battery, which slows down the charging process. Try to enable airplane mode before plugging in your phone to fix the phone slow charging problem.
- Open Settings application on your Android Phone
- In the various settings, tap the Network & Internet option to continue.
- Press the toggle switch in front of the Airplane Mode option to turn it off.
- Your device should charge faster.
Method 5: turn off the location and sync it
In addition to network connectivity, location services and synchronization consume a lot of battery life. At least with the device plugged in, turning it off is an effective way to fix Android phones that are charging slowly or not at all.
- Open Settings application on your android mobile again
- Navigate and find the location settings. Tap to continue
- Tap the toggle switch in front of “Use location” to switch off the GPS.
- On the settings page, navigate to Accounts.
- Scroll down and tap the switch next to “Automatically sync app data” to turn off syncing.
- If Search and Sync are off, your device will charge faster than usual.
Method 6: uninstall or restrict battery-intensive apps
Some heavy apps require a lot of power to run and therefore slow down the loading process on your device. Here is how to identify these apps and fix the Android phone charging issue:
- Open the “Settings” application on your Android device and select the “Battery” option.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen for more options.
- Touch Battery usage.
- You will get a list of the apps that drain your battery the most. Tap on any app, and you will go to the battery usage menu.
- Here, you can click “Battery optimization” to make the app more efficient and less harmful to your battery.
- If you don’t use the app a lot, tap Background Restriction.
- A window will ask you if you want to restrict the use of the application. Tap Restrict to complete the process.
- Your device is free from background apps that slow it down and speed up the charging process.
The above steps are usually sufficient to speed up the charging process. If they don’t do the trick for you, here are some more tips to help you out.
- Close background apps: Background apps are a significant cause of low battery. You can fix slow Android loading by removing apps. Just tap the square icon in the navigation area and then tap “Clear All” to increase the loading speed.
- Clean the charging port: The dust accumulated on the charging port may slow down the charging process or stop it completely. If your charge has slowed down considerably, clean the charging port or take the phone to an expert for a replacement.
- Do not use the phone while charging: move away from the phone, even if it is difficult. It’s the right thing to do when you charge it. Additionally, turning off your device will charge it faster and potentially increase battery consumption.