Do your AirPods only work in one ear? To get both AirPods operating once more, look at these troubleshooting suggestions. In this article we will konw more about Not working on one AirPod
Do any of your AirPods no longer function? Most of the time, following the straightforward troubleshooting solutions below, you can resolve this issue independently.
This article will cover what to do if your left or right AirPod stops operating.
Table of Contents
Battery Life of Your AirPods
One of your AirPods might have run out of battery life, which would explain why it stopped working. In case you weren’t aware, each of your AirPods has its battery charge.
An AirPod loses functionality when this charge is depleted on only one of them.
Put your non-working AirPod into the charging case and let it charge for a while. Just make sure that the charging case for your AirPods is charged first.
Restart your equipment
It’s worth trying to fix your AirPods by first restarting the device you use them with. One of your AirPods may occasionally stop working due to a problem with a connected device, such as your computer or smartphone.
If one or both of your AirPods stops working, restart your iPhone, Windows, Android, or Mac, depending on what you use with them.
Your device’s audio Balance should be adjusted.
Most of your devices allow you to adjust the volume for each AirPods individually. The problem likely arises because you or someone else modified this setting so that audio-only goes to one pair of AirPods.
The volume adjustment on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices may be fixed.
How to Change the iPhone’s AirPods Audio Balance
- Open the Settings application.
- Choose General, then select Accessibility.
- Continue to scroll until you reach the Hearing section.
An L and an R are displayed on a slider, respectively. Set this slider so that the middle of the marking is visible. Your AirPods will play at the same volume level as a result.
How to Change the Audio Balance of AirPods on Android
For a OnePlus Android phone, follow these instructions. The instructions should be pretty similar, if not identical if you use any other Android device:
- Start the Settings app.
- Choose System once you’ve reached the bottom.
- Click Accessibility in the top menu.
- A slider labeled “Audio balance” can be found as you scroll down.
- Move the marker to the slider’s center for your left and right AirPods to hear the audio.
How to Change the Mac’s AirPods Audio Balance
- Choose Output under System Preferences > Sound.
- Choose your AirPods from the list of audio equipment.
- There is a slider that says Balance. Put the slider’s marker in the center by dragging it there.
How to Change the Audio Balance of the AirPods on Windows
- When you carry out the following procedures, make sure your AirPods are connected to your PC:
- Right-click the system tray’s speaker icon and choose Open Sound Settings.
- Click Device properties after choosing your AirPods from the drop-down menu at the top.
- The next screen contains an area labeled Balance.
- Verify that L and R are playing at the same volume. This should be the case as moving one marker also moves the other.
Test Your AirPods on Different Devices
Your AirPods may not always be the problem. An issue with your computer or smartphone sometimes causes one AirPods to cease functioning.
In this situation, try using your other devices and your AirPods to see if you can hear audio on both AirPods.
If both AirPods function flawlessly on your other device, the problem must be resolved on your first device. See the AirPods troubleshooting manual for your device to see if one of the offered solutions can solve your issue.
Leave your devices’ AirPods alone
Repairing Bluetooth devices after forgetting them on your phone is one of the most significant ways to solve their problems. By doing this, your device can create a brand-new connection with your Bluetooth devices.
Here’s how to use your AirPods on an iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- On the list, locate your AirPods and hit the I icon.
- Then select Forget This Device.
How to Forget AirPods.
- Open the Settings app to forget your AirPods on Android.
- Tap Connect to Bluetooth & device.
- Decide on Bluetooth.
- On the list, click the cog icon next to your AirPods.
- On the subsequent screen, click Forget to disconnect your AirPods.
You need to reconnect your AirPods to your device when unpairing is complete. Next, check to see if both of your AirPods function.
Reset the Network Settings on Your Phone
How your phone connects to various other devices is determined by the network settings on your phone. It’s worthwhile to try resetting these settings to see whether your AirPods problem is resolved.
You can manually modify the settings on your devices after a reset. Following a network settings reset, you must reconnect to Wi-Fi networks.
How to Reset iPhone’s Network Settings
- Open the Settings application.
- Choose Reset after selecting General.
- Reset Network Settings by tapping.
Click the Settings app to reset your Android’s network settings.
- Go down the page and click System.
- To display the reset menu, tap Reset options.
- Reset your network settings by choosing Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth.
How to Proceed If Just One AirPod Isn’t Functioning
Even after trying the fixes mentioned above, your left or right AirPod may not function because of a hardware problem. The best action is to purchase a new pair of AirPods from Apple.
The only choice you have left at this point is that, which, naturally, has a price.
You can keep using your existing AirPod if you don’t want to spend more money on a new one. Even without the second AirPod, it ought to function flawlessly.
Most malfunctioning AirPods may be fixed using these tips.
If you can only hear audio on one of your AirPods, try the above steps to see if you can fix your broken AirPod. Whether the problem is brought on by a software program or a settings setting, you almost certainly can resolve it.
The AirPods themselves are not without flaws. The good news is that simple remedies can usually resolve most of these problems alone.
Also read: Unlocking an Apple iPhone