Everything is better when you enjoy it with friends, and watching classic comedies or scary horrors on Netflix is no exemption. Though, during one of the most unprecedented times in history, the privilege of spending time with our friends was revoking harshly. While this puts an end to many social activities, watching Netflix with your friends isn’t one of them. If you want to get free of your midlife blues and enjoy a movie with your friends, here is an article on how to use Netflix Party to watch movies with friends.
Table of Contents
How to use Netflix Party to enjoy movies with friends?
What is Netflix Party?
As it used to call, Netflix Party is a Google Chrome extension that allows several users to create a group and see online shows and movies together. In the feature, each group member can play and pause the film to ensure that everyone can watch it together. In addition, Teleparty offers users a dialog box to talk to each other while the movie is viewed. If those prospects don’t seem attractive, Teleparty now works with all video streaming services and isn’t limited to Netflix. If you want to spend some time with your friends remotely, read on to determine how to set up the Chrome Party Netflix extension.
Download the NetflixParty extension on Google Chrome
NetflixParty is a Google Chrome extension add to the browser for free. Before going any further, make sure all of your friends have Netflix accounts and access Google Chrome on their PCs. After all that, here’s how to watch Netflix night with friends :
- Open the Google Chrome on your PC and visit the official Netflix Party website.
- Click Install Teleparty in the upper right corner of the web page.
- You will be readdressed to the Chrome Web Store. Here, click on “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension on your system. The extension installs in seconds.
- Then log into your Netflix account or another streaming service of your choice using your browser. Also, make sure that anyone who wants to join the group also has the Teleparty extension on their Google Chrome browser. By installing the Netflix Party extension in advance, your friends will be able to watch the movie seamlessly and quickly.
- Click the puzzle icon in the upper right corner of your Chrome tab to see a list of all extensions.
- Navigate to the extension titled “Netflix Party is now Teleparty” and click the pin icon to pin it to the address bar in Chrome.
- When the extension is set, you can play the video of your choice.
- After playing a video, click the pinned extension in the upper right corner of the screen. It will start the Teleparty function in your browser.
- A small window will look at the top of the screen. Here you can decide whether you want to give other people control of the projection by checking or unchecking the “Only I have control” option. Once the favorite option selects, click “Start Party.”
- Another window with the link for the vigil will appear. Click the Copy Link option to save it to your clipboard and share the link with anybody you want to add to your group. Also, make sure the Show chat box is checked if you’re going to talk to your friends.
- For people who sign up using the link to see a Netflix party with their friends, you must click the Teleparty extension to open the chatbox. Depending on the host’s settings, other group members can pause and play the video and talk to each other through the chatbox.
- The feature also gives users the option to change their nickname and add extra fun to the watch party. To make this, click on the profile picture in the upper right corner of the chatbox window.
- Here, you can modify your nickname and even choose from several animated profile pictures to match your name.
- Enjoy movie nights with friends and family over Netflix Party without putting yourself in danger.
- Watch2Gether: Watch2Gether is a feature that works similarly to Teleparty and can be download as a Chrome extension. Though, unlike Teleparty, W2G has a built-in player that allows users to stream You Tube, Vimeo, and Twitch. Users can also enjoy Netflix together, with the host sharing their screen with all other members.
- Kast: Kast is a downloadable application that supports all primary internet streaming services. The host creates a portal, and all members who join can see the live stream. The app is also available on smartphones so that users can log into the device of their choice.
- Meta stream: Meta stream comes in browser form and allows multiple users to sync Netflix and videos from other primary streaming services. While the service doesn’t have dedicated apps, the browser itself is great for chatting and watching movies together.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q1. How do I use Netflix group extensions on Chrome?
Using the Netflix Party Chrome extension, you must first download the extension from the Chrome Web Store. Make sure the extension pin to the Chrome taskbar. Once it is installs and repaired, open any video streaming service and start playing the movie you want. Click the expand option above, and let’s go.
Q2. Can you watch movies on Netflix together?
You can now watch Netflix with your friends. While there are tons of software and addons to help you with this, the Teleparty or Netflix Party addon is a clear winner. Download the extension to your Google Chrome, and you can watch movies and shows with your family and friends.